Friday 25 September 2015

[NEWS] My top 5 new dramas (October Edition)

 My Top 5 New dramas (October Edition)





And let's not forget about all the epic October Dramas
that will be airing soon, right? RIGHT? *_*
BTW no, I'm not a hardcore fan of Game of Thrones,
I just find these memes funny and accurate xD




With the return of the Reply-series, Yoo Ah In's return to dramaland, mystery solvings in Achiara and timetraving Samurais...what more can I say other than that September looks very promising? So let's skip the boring introduction and dive right into the good stuff shall we?
Let me present to you my top 5 most aniticipated dramas for the month of October:

5.                                             Samurai Sensei (2015, Japan)



Title: サムライせんせい/Samurai Teacher
Genre: Comedy, drama, Historical, School, Supernatural
Episodes: ? (probably 11, that's the typical Jdrama episode amount)
Broadcast period: Oct 23, 2015 to ?

Starring Nishikido Ryo (1 Litre of Tears ) and Higa Manami (Doctors 3, Saikyou ni Meii) this new time traveling historical drama will be about Takechi Hanpeita (Nishikido Ryo), a samurai of Tosa domain who campaigned for the expulsion of foreigners. Through an unexpected turn of events he travels 150 years in time from the last days of the Tokugawa shogunate to present day Japan where he becomes a teacher at a private school in a village.

I don't really have much to say about other than that I will check this out, since I've already made a news post about it! Nishikido Ryo-baby is back aaaah ~ :'3

4.                                           Reply 1988 (2015, South Korea)



Title: 응답하라 1988
Genre: Comedy, drama, friendship, youth, romance
Episodes: ?
Broadcast period: Oct 23, 2015 to ?


Starring Girls' Day's Hyeri (Hyde, Jekyll and I), Ryu Hye Yeong (Romance In Seoul), Go Kyung Pyo (Potato Star 2013QR3) and Park Bo Geum (I Remember You), Reply 1988 is the latest installment in the very famous Reply-Series. The series usually covers different time periods and this time they'll be focusing on the late 80's where the 'Drama series follows various families living on the same alley road' - Mydramalist

It's really hard to say whether this sounds interesting or not since there isn't much information about the actual plot and I haven't seen any of these actors act so I can only go on my instinct and say that "since the other titles in the Reply-series has been good, this one will probably be good as well xD.


3.                        The Village: Achiara's Secret (2015, South Korea)



Title: 마을 - 아치아라의 비밀/The Town
Genre: Mystery, Thriller
Episodes: 16
Broadcast period: Oct 7, 2015 to Nov 26, 2015


Starring Moon Geun Young (Goddess of Fire: Jeongi) and Yook Sung Jae (School 2015: Who Are You) The Village: Achiara's Secret, is an upcoming mystery horror thriller drama. In case you haven't checked out any of my previous posts about it here is a quick synopsis from Mydramalist:
'One day, many corpses that seem to have been secretly buried underground for a long time are discovered, in a peaceful village called Achiara, where barely any criminal cases have happened. The drama begins with the shocking discovery'. Moon Geun Young will be playing the role of a teacher who starts working at the local school in the Village when weird incidents accure and it's up to her and the local policeman played by Yook Sung Jae to try to solve the mysteries in Achiara.

I'm not the biggest fan of mystery-detective thrillers,but for some reason, after checking out the trailers, this one caught my attention. I think Moon Geun Young is a pretty okay actress, it depends what role she plays and Yook Sung Jae is quite okay as well so I don't really hype the cast that much but since the story from the trailers does look interesting, I'll give it a go.

2.                               Glorious Temptation (2015, South Korea)


Title: 영광스럽은 유혹/Brilliant Seduction
Genre: Melodrama, Action, Romance
Episodes: 50
Broadcast period: Oct 5, 2015 to Mar 22, 2016

Starring Joo Sang Wook (Man In The Mask) and Choi Kang Hee (Protect the Boss) as the main leads, as well as Kim Sae Ron (High School Love On) and Nam Joo Hyuk (School 2015: Who Are You) as their younger counterparts, Glorious Temptation is a melodrama about 'a woman, a woman who envies her and a man who wants to take revenge' - DramaWiki. 'The drama will center on a man's revenge story, and will cover ambition, greed, and the truth' - Mydramalist.

Ironically enough, for a 50 episode long drama there isn't much to the synopsis. Typical melodrama? I wouldn't say that. Melodramas can be very complex and unique. As a fan of the genre and since I love all the actors, I'm pretty curious to see what this one is about. Revenge as just revenge sounds plain but I want to see some backstory on it, why and how it will be executed. Those are the intriguing parts in a melodrama about revenge. So while the synopsis is very information-lacking, I would still say "check it out", you won't know what it's really about unless you give it a try. Especially if you enjoy melodramas like I do :)

1.                                 Six Flying Dragons (2015, South Korea)


Title: 육룡이 나르샤
Genre: Historical, Political, Romance, Action
Episodes: 50
Broadcast period: Oct 5, 2015 to Mar 29, 2016

Starring Yoo Ah In (Secret Love Affair), Shin Se Kyung (Girl who Sees Smells), Yoon Kyun Sang (The Time We Were Not In Love), Byun Yo Han (Ex-Girlfriend Club), Kim Myung Min (New Leaf) and Chun Ho Jin (Doctor Stranger) Six Flying Dragons is SBS's upcoming historical drama about the ambitions and success of six characters based around Lee Bang Won (Yoo Ah In) who was the third king of the Joseon Dynasty in Korea and the father of King Sejong the Great. He helped his father King Taejo establish the Joseon Dynasty.

Friendship, trust and betrayal, that's one of the many things I feel like we can expect from this drama. As a sageuk nerd, I just knew this was going straight to my priority to-watch-list as soon as it was announced xD I'm a big fan of Yoo Ah In, no actually I'm quite a fan of all the main actors (minus Shin Se Kyung....I'm still a bit salty about her being cast as the main lead and not Jung Yoo Mi...but okay -shrugs-) perhaps Shin Se Kyung will finally prove me wrong and shine in this role, who knows. I'll hold my fingers crossed. Also, as I've mentioned it in an older post about Six Flying Dragons, I'm very curious about Yoo Ah In's character and how he'll be played. In real life, Taejong is remembered for being a bloodthristy ruler who deposted and killed his brothers (he was the fifth-born out of six) to get the throne. And I do see some anti-hero-vibes coming off him in the trailers, however it's still too early to say anything about his character, but I really hope that they won't play the character as a misunderstood poor ruler. I'm not saying he should be cutting off heads left and right, but since this is a historical drama that decided to use historical figures and not some fictional characters, I kind of expect the story to at least be a bit accurate. Guess we'll have to wait and see xP

That's it for my top 5 new upcoming dramas of October. Are any of these on your to-watch-list too?
Feel free to leave a comment down below and let me know :3

No comments:

Post a Comment