Tuesday 12 July 2016

[NEWS] My Top 5 New Dramas (July Edition)

SUMMER DRAMAS WOOP WOOP!



Summer!!! It brings us (hopefully) warm weather, tons of fangirl feels and Taecyeon.




Hiya everyone! I hope you've enjoyed summer so far! I wish I could say mine has been full of sunshine and beach-chilling, but I'd be lying. Swedish summer sucks DX we get rain almost every other day <_<. But hey, it could've been a lot worse; It could've rained ALL DAY. every day, all year around. I guess the good part is that, since it's bad weather outside, I don't feel too guilty spending my free time watching dramas,; and I'll continue to do so seeing as that July will be an epic month full of drama goodies! <3
So let's see what this month has to offer shall we? These are the top 5 dramas I'll be checking out in the month of July.





5.  The Good Wife (2016, South Korea)


Title: 굿 와이프
Genre: drama, family, law, politics
Episodes: 16
Broadcast period: July 8th - August 27th

Starring Yeon Do Jeon (Lovers In Prague), Yoo Ji Tae (Healer), Yoon Kye Sang (Last) and Lee Won Geun (Sassy Go Go), The Good Wife, a korean remake based off of the American TV-show with the same name, is about a woman who picks up her old job as a lawyer in order to assumes responsibility for her family after her husband, Lee Tae Joon, a prosecutor at the Seoul Central District Prosecutor's Office is thrown into prison after a very public scandal. - Dramawiki


I've Heard of the original 'The Good Wife' before; it's been airing for quite some time now but I haven't had the chance to properly check it out. The plot sounds interesting; it gives off a very non-asian drama feel to it, which is to be expected since it's based off of an American tv show. I'm curious to see what Korea has done with it, will they try to change it so it'd fit the korean drama-style or will they keep it close to the original?

4. Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo (2016, Japan)



Title: 時をかける少女/The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
Genre: drama, manga, youth, sci-fi
Episodes: 5
Broadcast period: July 9th - August 6th


Starring Kuroshina Yuina (Night Hero Naoto) and Kikuchi Fuma (Flowers of Algernon), Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo is the latest drama adaptation of the manga with the same name 'The Girls who Leapt Through Time' (which also got a very popular anime movie adaptation as well as another drama adaptation back in 1994 and a movie named 'Time Traveller'), and will tell the story of Yoshiyama Mihane, a 3rd-grade high school student who is a member of the photo club at her school. The day before her summer vacation, she smells a lavender scent in the science lab and she suddenly gains the ability to leap through time. Fukamachi Shohei is Mihane’s classmate. He actually came from the year 2122 and is a researcher. Shohei lost a drug that allows him to go back to 2122. In the meantime, Shohei hypnotizes those around him and lives as a high school student. However, as time goes by, Mihane and Shohei start to have feelings for each other. - MDL


This is yet another title I'm ashamed to say I've heard of, but haven't had the time to check out.
A friend of mine is a big fan of the anime movie, and she's recommended it to me over and over again and I just.....it's super interesting but ...but...time!! D'x However, I'm glad to announce  that I'll finally check it out this summer! I guess I'm more into dramas so the fact that it got adapted into one made me very happy. I don't know anything about the actors. From the looks of it they seem to be newbies in the industry with this Project being their first main role one; but it's all good; there's always a first time for everyone. The guy is kind of cute hm....XP


3. Bring It On, Ghost (2016, South Korea)



Title: 싸우자귀신아/Let's Fight, Ghost
Genre: Comedy, Horror, Manga, Romance, Supernatural.
Episodes: 16
Broadcast period: July 11th - August 30th

Starring Kim So Hyun (Who Are You: School 2015) 2PM's Ok Taec Yeon (Who Are You; Assembly) and Kwon Yool (Let's Eat 2; One More Happy Ending) the drama is a cohabitation comedy about a ghost and an exorcist who is a college student with the ability to see and hear ghosts. What he’s discovered over the years is that he can touch them and fight them off, so when he’s in need of a part-time job and can’t find one that pays well enough, he starts putting ads online as an exorcist for hire. His ad: “Will face off with your ghosts. Chances of winning: virgin ghosts 80%, bachelor ghosts 40%, child ghosts 97%, the rest 50%.” One night he goes out on the job and faces off with a schoolgirl ghost, and during the fight they accidentally kiss and sparks fly - MDL


I love these kind of ghost stories. If you've been following this blog for a while, you shouldn't be surprised xD. This sounds like a weird and hilarious story. I'm glad Kim So Hyun has been getting more and more main roles, IT'S ABOUT TIME. She is so talented and to keep her to just Child-versions of the main females would be a complete waste of her talent. Taecyeon is okay as an actor. I can't say much about him. Can't say much about Kwon Yool either, his role in One more happy ending was quite forgettable to me to be honest. I hope he will get his spotlight in this drama!  



2. Uncontrollably Fond (2016, South Korea)



Title: 함부로 애틋하게
Genre: Comedy, melodrama, romance
Episodes: 20
Broadcast period: July 6th - September 8th

Starring Kim Woo Bin (The Heirs; Twenty; The Con Artist), Miss A's Bae Suzy (Dream High; Gu Family Book), Im Joo Hwan (Oh My Ghost) and Im Ju Eun (Empress Ki) Uncontrollably Fond tells the story of Shin Joon Young and No Eul who, when they were younger,got separated; which left them heartbroken. Years later, they meet again. Shin Joon Young is now a top actor and singer. He is intelligent and attractive. No Eul is the PD of documentaries. She values money over justice and kisses up to those with more power than her. Will they be able to fall in love with each other once again?

KIM WOO BIN. AS MAIN LEAD. YES. YES. YEEEES!!! <- yeah I'm a Kim Woo Bin fangirl. Sorry for the short notice xD No but seriously, if there is one guy who has suffered the second lead syndrome it's this guy. C'mon, I can't be the only one who shipped him with Eun Sang in the Heirs? The drama was....not the best thing ever (quite on the contrary...) but it was all Worth watching because of Kim Woo Bin.

SPOILER ALERT OF THE HEIRS: AND. HE DIDN'T. GET THE. DAMN GIRL. GAAAH. I love Lee Min Ho, but maan Kim Tan was such a jerk, he didn't deserve her! I'll never be able to get over it. END OF SPOILER.

Anyhow now the tables have turned and we all know that in this one Kim Woo Bin MUST end up with the main girl. I mean, come on, kdrama logic? Most main guys end up with the main girl. With a few exceptions of course (I've seen a few).
But yeah, the story doesn't sound all that interesting. If it weren't for Kim Woo Bin I probably wouldn't have put it this high on my to-watch-list. I hope he knows what he's doing because this plot seems quite generic like a cliché drama romcom. But I'm not one to drop things without giving them a proper try so I'll check it out and hopefully it's one of these "this is not what it looks like" - kind of drama. I already have that experience with Sassy Go Go, so we shall see.

1. W - Two Worlds (2016, South Korea)


Title: 더블유/W
Genre: Fantasy, melodrama, suspense, romance
Episodes: 16
Broadcast period: July 20th - September 8th

Starring Lee Jong Suk (I hear Your Voice; Pinocchio) and Han Hyo Joo (Dongyi) W is about Oh Yeon Joo, who is a surgeon whose father is a famous comic book creator. One day, her father goes missing and she rushes to his workshop to look for him, and instead finds a strange man, Kang Chul bathed in blood. She is kidnapped by him and taken to a different dimension. - MDL

Faith? + Lee Jong Suk + + awesomeness + original story? Oh my feels *_* <3 I'm so onboard this train!!
Even if doesn't say in the synopsis I'm pretty sure Lee Jong Suk's character is actually the main character of the comic book the main female's dad created. So basically it's a "main girl from our time travels to a fictional World" - type of story. Don't quote me on this one, but I'm pretty sure I've read this part of the synopsis somewhere. Either way, I'm so excited!!! Not to mention that it's Lee Jong Suk's long awaited comeback to dramaland (It felt like it's been ages since Pinocchio aired and I honestly wasn't the biggest fan of that drama); so I can't wait to see him in Another supernatural romance plot. I hear your voice was one of my favorite dramas, if not THE drama of 2013, so In my opinion, this is the type of stuff LJS does best. The only negative thing I can say about this drama so far, is that I really don't like the trailers for it. I understand it's supposed to build up the suspense and whatnot but the trailers didn't reveal ANYTHING about the plot whatsoever. The last one I saw was just him and Han Hyo Joo standing face to face with a glass wall between them and just staring at each other as they try to break the wall....it doesn't really hint anything about the plot. I kind of wished we would've gotten more juicy details. I can't wait until the 20th haha. I'm just being an impatient here haha!!

That's it for my most anticipated dramas of the month! What are yours? Are they on this list? Leave a comment below and let me know :D Are you excited about W - Two Worlds? Let's fangirl/fanboy either here or on MDL!!! :D







2 comments:

  1. I finished 'Uncontrollably fond' and I loved it. I marathoned it but honestly I didn't really liked the way it ended.
    I'm currently watching 'Bring it on ghost' since I'm Kim Soo Hyun fan and well, the ghosts scare the hell out of me XD The story is simple but it's nice to watch, it's even funny.

    Let's not talk about 'W' okay? I would start fangirling and I wouldn't be able to shut up. Let me just say that I marked it as my favorite Drama ever. I'm not an expert when we talk about dramas but I just love it. I love the story, I love the originality, I love the cast and I LOVE THE FACT THAT I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THE LAST EPISODE! If I have to summorize this drama I would say: "PLOT TWISTS EVERYWHERE!"

    Did you watch any of these dramas? What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put Uncontrollably Fond on hold, as It sadly didn't grab my attention, which makes me sad since I love Kim Woo Bin. Maybe he should try to do another genre next time? This was too meh for my taste. As for "Bring it on Ghost", that drama was Amazing! I loved the Comedy and the relationships and most of all I loved the two friends, the goofy University club students x'D they were hilarious. Funny how the same actor is also in W, and I love his character so much x'D I wish we could see more of him though. but W is indeed a masterpiece!! I completely agree with you *_* This week will be overload of feels!!!
      I wonder what I'll do with Life after it's over... ._. I'm glad I still have Scarlet Heart Ryeo and Cinderella and the 4 Knights left, or I'd be sitting in the emo corner growing mushrooms X_x
      Also, THE K2 will air "soon" ....holy potatoe am I excited for Ji Chang Wook comeback, in a smexy actionpacked drama <3 I can't wait to see his and Yoona's Chemistry. I really like both actors, so I can't complain with the cast. The plot sound really interesting too *_*

      Delete